Monday 25 May 2009

It had to happen one day I suppose!

As has already been mentioned via the agility forum my lovely Fleet went Grade 6 - I will try and take a photo of the trophy as its really quite unusual but the crystal kind of blocks just flash back at me when I take a photo of them!

The lovely Dave and Viv Robinson asked me to go and judge at Waldridge Fell and kindly said we could go early and stay longer so that made it worth taking a little holidy as its a loooong way to the take the caravan, so when people have asked did I go there to try and qualify for the KC Novice I was like ermmmm no I came here to judge on the other day and did not even request which day just said I did not mind what day I judged. I have to admit that Fleet and I have not had it very together for a while but we always forgave each other and he always came out grinning and tugging on his lead - I think I kind of got into sync more with Cadders and also with training Kaiser as well Fleet does not even attend a class now.

We seemed to get more into sync at Shrewsbury and he did some lovely runs the best of which was holding the lead in G5 Agility for a while (with me biting my finger nails saying noooooo!) and we ended up 3rd phew!

At Tunbridge I did a nice controlled round with controlled stops and waits on the contacts in the KC Novice on quite a straightforward course and we were 3 secs behind the winner coming 18th and I knew that was all time spent on the contacts - since it was brought in this was one class like many people I would like to do well in - only trouble is that doing well could mean a little too well and I just did not think the combination of Fleet and I were G6 material - he did win 8 Novice Jumpings under the old system but for some strange reason G5 courses started out as something like G8 more often than not and it really dented our confidence (pull through after pull through!) - he did win a G5 Jumping at Tunbridge last year and if he had won 2 more jumpings then so be it but I did say that the KC Novice was the only Agility Class I would want him to win and actualy running the little Cadbury dude in the 6/7 classes has given me a bit more confidence and I have been trying to run a little faster!

So I watched some lovely runs at Waldridge and thought I could not touch them for time and thought "hey I will go for it and see what kind of place I could get" so the result was 1st - mixed emotions but I am very proud of Fleet and he has taught me a huge amount and hey we get to go to the KC Novice Olympia Semis in September.

Dennis kindly got the run on video (well apart from the bit's where he lost Fleet or I - chuckle!) and I really don't remember teaching Fleet a running dog walk contact!! In G6 what will be will be - he is my first large dog to get to Senior/G6 and I am proud of him!

Better give Cadbury a little mention - his most recent and best place was a 2nd in 4-7 Agility at Cippenham - with our lovely friend Karen with the everso lovely and talented Todd in 1st place - goooo Toddster :)

Sorry I have not had much time or inspiration to blog - I do enjoy reading all the blogs so please keep blogging!

6 comments:

Lian said...

WooHoo! Well done Lorna and Fleet! Big Congrats for qualifying Olympia! Can't wait to go and cheer for you!!

Angela said...

...Fantastic well done to you both!

nellie-bean's blog said...

Hey uncle Fleety - that's brill!!! You are ready even if your mum isn't(teehee!)luv N-B

Karen said...

Well done Lorna, I am so pleased for you his run was lovely and you are def. ready for grade 6 xxxx

Christine said...

Hello, just found your blog or stumbled across it. Congratulations on the Win, and thank you for a very nice read :-)

Adelante4 said...

Excellent video! Very well done :D

Jason from Dog Beds